We’ve all seen them on beautifully curated Instagram feeds blending in with colour themes and lifestyle posts, but Breakfast Bowls need not cost the best part of ten pounds in a trendy East London brunch spot!
They’re easily enough made and when crafted with Nutribuddy protein powder or granola, can nurture your body with nutrition as well as your social media with style.
This Vanilla and Almond Breakfast Bowl can be decorated however you like so there’s plenty of time to get the perfect Instagram shot before you tuck in.
Don’t worry though, this isn’t all form over function: the chia seeds provide plentiful antioxidants, the berries plenty of Vitamin C and the oats nutrient-dense carbohydrates.
Nourishing and beautiful… what more could you want?
Vanilla & Almond Protein Breakfast Bowl
Prep time: 25 minutes |Serves: 1 | Vegetarian
- 50g Nutribuddy Instant Porridge Oats
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 15g Nutribuddy High-Protein Sculpting Shake (vanilla flavour)
- 2 tbsp low-fat natural yoghurt
- 25g chia seeds
- 25g Mixed berries, to serve
- 10g almonds, to serve
- Agave or honey, to serve
1. Mix all the porridge ingredients in a bowl and leave to soak for 20 mins. Once the oats have softened, stir through half the berries. If the porridge is too dry, add a little water.
2. Pour the mixture into a bowl and top with the remaining berries, almonds and sweeten with agave/honey if required.
|Typical Nutritional Values||Per Serving|
|of which saturates (g)||5.5|
|of which sugars (g)||8.6|
|Nutrient Breakdown||Per 100g|
|Minerals & Trace Elements|
|Vitamin A (ret eq) (ug)||0.7|
|Vitamin D (ug)||0.42|
|Vitamin E (mg)||1.9|
|Vitamin K 1 (ug)||0.03|
|Thiamin (B1 ) (mg)||0.21|
|Riboflavin (B2 ) (mg)||0.12|
|Niacin total(B3 ) (mg)||1.6|
|Pantothenic Acid (B5) (mg)||0.2|
|Vitamin B 6 (mg)||0.07|
|Folates (B9) Total (ug)||14.1|
|Vitamin B 12 (ug)||0.07|
|Biotin (B7) (ug)||7.2|
|Vitamin C (mg)||5.2|
So there you have it, a bountiful Breakfast Bowl that will set you up perfectly for the day, no matter what it holds ahead. You need no cooking or baking experience or qualifications to make it up but you may need a little creative flair to decorate it nicely; so unveil your inner artiste and have fun with it!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it doesn’t have to be boring bread-based or a bowl of stale cereal. How better to start your day than with a little sweetness, after all?