While Nutribuddy products are 100% vegan, we know that some of our customers are pescatarian and love nothing more than a tasty prawn dish. So, we thought we’d deliver and share this delicious, authentic Spanish-style prawn recipe!
Perfect as part of a tapas dish or as a main served with crusty bread, this is a nutritious, flavoursome meal for all the fish & prawn-lovers out there.
Plus, thanks to the addition of garlic and fennel, this dish packs a superfood punch! Fennel is quite literally packed with vitamin C for an immunity-boost, while garlic is a nutritional powerhouse, bosting anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial properties amongst a long list of vitamins.
Sizzling Spanish Fennel & Garlic Prawns
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Serves: 1 | Pescatarian
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 1/2 bulb of fennel, sliced
- A few sprigs of parsley, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 4 ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 large prawns, butterfly cut
- 1/2 lemon
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a saucepan and gently fry the garlic until golden.
- Add the fennel and parsley, reduce the heat to low and sauté for 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Add tomatoes to the pan with the stock & tomato puree.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add prawns to the pan and cook for 4 minutes, or until they’re cooked and pink.
- Stir through parsley leaves and season.
- Serve up your Spanish-style prawns with lemon wedges and crispy bread. Yum!
|Typical Nutritional Values||Per Serving|
|of which saturates (g)||5.3|
|of which sugars (g)||5.6|
|Nutrient Breakdown||Per 100g|
|Minerals & Trace Elements|
|Vitamin A (ret eq) (ug)||69|
|Vitamin E (mg)||1.1|
|Vitamin K 1 (ug)||11.3|
|Thiamin (B1 ) (mg)||0.13|
|Riboflavin (B2 ) (mg)||0.03|
|Niacin total(B3 ) (mg)||1.2|
|Pantothenic Acid (B5) (mg)||0.11|
|Vitamin B 6 (mg)||0.09|
|Folates (B9) Total (ug)||27.3|
|Vitamin B 12 (ug)||0.21|
|Biotin (B7) (ug)||1.8|
|Vitamin C (mg)||17.6|
This easy fennel & garlic prawn recipe is bursting with flavour and is perfect for summer evenings or as part of a tapas dinner party!
If you’re trying to lead a healthier lifestyle but sometimes find it difficult to fit in freshly cooked meals, why not stock up on Nutribuddy shakes? They’re vegan, organic and nutritionally-complete, making them a great addition for those with a busy lifestyle who sometimes end up skipping meals.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious prawn recipe – check out more of our recipes here!