Sometimes, you just want a recipe which requires the minimum time but offers the maximum taste. Well, we’ve got the perfect recipe for those kinda days!
This Indian inspired easy prawn curry recipe can be prepped and cooked in just 15 minutes but has the most amazing, aromatic flavours and moreish taste – it’s simple, fast and delicious.
And, for those who eat them, prawns can be a great addition to a healthy and balanced diet. They’re a fantastic source of omega-3 fatty acids (hello, glowing skin and healthy hair), healthy fats and lean protein but are still relatively low in calories if you stick to a modest portion.
If you’re vegan or vegetarian, we’d recommend swapping up the prawns in this recipe for some chickpeas or tofu – it’ll still be super healthy and taste equally amazing!
Easy Peasy Prawn Curry
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes | Serves: 1 | Pescatarian
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 100g prawns
- 200g chopped tomato
- Large bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small tsp garam masala
- 1 small tsp turmeric
- 1 small tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 small tsp cayenne powder
- 1/2 cup of stock
- Pour some coconut oil into a wok or large frying pan and heat gently.
- Add the onion, ginger & garlic. Fry on a low heat for around 4 minutes.
- Stir in the spices and cook for a few minutes longer.
- Add the stock, stir in the prawns and tomatoes, then bring to a simmer. If you're using raw prawns, simmer until they've changed colour and are cooked through.
- Season, if you like, then add the coriander just before serving with boiled rice.
|Typical Nutritional Values||Per Serving of Curry|
|of which saturates (g)||0.3|
|of which sugars (g)||12|
|Nutrient Breakdown||Per 100g|
|Minerals & Trace Elements|
|Vitamin A (ret eq) (ug)||71|
|Vitamin E (mg)||1.8|
|Vitamin K 1 (ug)||9.7|
|Thiamin (B1 ) (mg)||0.09|
|Riboflavin (B2 ) (mg)||0.05|
|Niacin total(B3 ) (mg)||1.7|
|Pantothenic Acid (B5) (mg)||0.11|
|Vitamin B 6 (mg)||0.11|
|Folates (B9) Total (ug)||11.4|
|Vitamin B 12 (ug)||0.59|
|Biotin (B7) (ug)||1.9|
|Vitamin C (mg)||7|
Told you it was easy peasy! We hope you enjoyed this easy prawn curry – it takes minimal time but really packs a punch!
Regularly skip meals because you just don’t have the time to cook? We created the Shake Complete to solve that exact problem! Our vegan shake is a complete meal made with 100% organic and natural ingredients – healthy, fast and convenient!