Did you know that oats are one of the healthiest grains on earth? They’re full of fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which bring about numerous health benefits; including lower blood sugar and a reduced risk of heart disease.
That’s exactly why we love oat cookies – they’re nutritious but still super sweet and delicious. Yes, they’re the perfect excuse to gorge on cookies!
Protein-packed, Delicious Oat Cookies using the Nutribuddy Sculpting Shake
We thought we’d make oat cookies even better by incorporating the Nutribuddy Sculpting Shake, which is completely organic and packed with vegan protein.
Wondering why we’ve added protein to a snack? Well, there’s one good reason here: protein keeps you fuller for longer.
Without protein, you might need a couple of oat cookies to feel truly satisfied – but with it, you’ll feel full for a few hours after just one. That means less sugar, less fat and fewer calories.
Adding protein to snacks can really help you to maintain a healthy weight and aavoid the temptation of gorging on multiple snacks in one day. With that said, let’s get started – here’s our delicious protein oat cookies recipe!
Protein Oat Cookies Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Makes: 18| Vegetarian
- 50g wholemeal flour
- 50g (3 scoops) Nutribuddy Sculpting Protein Shake
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 250g porridge oats (the Nutribuddy Instant Chia & Coconut Porridge Oats would work well)
- 100g raisins or sultanas, chopped
- 25g mixed seeds, such as pumpkin, sunflower, flaxseed, or sesame
- 100g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line 2 large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Tip the flour, Nutribuddy Sculpting Protein Shake, mixed spice, baking soda, oats, dried fruit and seeds into a large bowl and mix well.
- In another large bowl, cream the soft butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Crack in the egg and beat to combine.
- Tip in all the dry ingredients and stir – you may need to squelch it together with your hands to get everything properly combined.
- The mixture will be sticky. If you wet your hands, you will be able to it roll into walnut-sized balls. We managed to make 18, but it really depends how big you want them - it's up to you! As you roll them, place them onto the lined baking trays, squashing them down a little with your hand.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden and slightly soft in middle.
- Leave them to cool for a little while (if you can resist the oaty goodness!) and enjoy.
Delicious, right? We’re constantly nibbling on these protein oat cookies if we get a little peckish mid-morning or afternoon! Make sure to take a photo and use the hashtag #Nutribuddy on Instagram so we can see them!
If you’re totally converted to protein-packed treats and bakes, head over to the Nutribuddy Sculpting Shake recipe page – we’ve shared tons of yummy recipes!