Put your hand up in the air if your schedule has been insanely hectic recently? 🙋 Between a job, household responsibilities, socialising, exercising and finding a spare second to relax (well, maybe), getting a healthy breakfast can be the last thing on your mind.
Thankfully, these easy-to-make, breakfast oat bars are the perfect workaround. Yes, you're going to need to find half an hour or so to whip these up on Sunday, but then you'll have a tasty and nutritious breakfast to take with you on the go all week. You can eat them whilst getting ready, at your desk whilst catching up with email or on the school run - they're the ultimately busy-gal breakfast!
So, let's whip up these nutrient-packed vegan oat bars and get ready for the week ahead - you've got this 💪!
Vegan Oat Breakfast On-The-Go Bars
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 miutes | Makes: 12 bars | Vegan
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp agave
- 150g porridge oats
- 60g (6 scoops) Nutribuddy Sculpting Protein
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 100g chopped hazelnuts/peanuts/cashews - whatever you have in the cupboard!
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
1. Heat oven to 160C.
2. Rub the coconut oil around a 22cm square baking tin.
3. Mix the agave, oats, cinnamon, Sculpting Protein, seeds and nuts together and transfer into the tin. Add more agave if necessary, until it's a stick consistency.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Leave to cool for 5 mins, then cut into slices.
6. Store in a sealed container and enjoy a healthy yet easy breakfast!
We hope you enjoy these delicious, nutritious and (most importantly) convenient breakfast oat bars!
If you're constantly strapped for time and are in desperate needs of more on-the-go breakfast options, take a look at our best-selling Breakfast Shake. It's made with wholefood ingredients like oats, seeds and coconut for a healthy & filling breakfast on-the-go.