You know the drill. You’ve got home from a long day’s work, cooked up a healthy evening meal and you’re finally chilling out for the night. Then, it arrives - that intense craving for a delicious, sweet treat. We’ve all been there!
Well, we’ve got the perfect solution to that problem! This nutty, crunchy, sweet home-baked vegan peanut butter cookies recipe by the wonderful Nina Fordham is, quite literally, food heaven. We’re not even exaggerating!
And, guess what? They’re made with Nutribuddy powder and a handful of other nutritious, vitamin-packed ingredients. Yes, girls, that’s right - irresistible, sweet and healthy vegan peanut butter cookies! You can’t go wrong with that, can you? Let’s get started!
Nana's Not-So-Sinful Peanut Butter Cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Makes: 10 | Vegan
- 2 ripe bananas
- 80g Nutribuddy Breakfast Shake (any flavour)
- 4 tablespoons oats
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (you could also use almond or cashew butter - just look for one without added sugar)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Before we start, preheat the oven to 180°.
- Peel the bananas and pop them into a mixing bowl. Mash them up well using a fork until they’re completely smooth.
- Add the coconut oil and nut butter of your choice to the bowl and mix well until combined.
- Here comes the good stuff - time to add in your Nutribuddy Breakfast Shake! Mix it in well until it’s completely combined. It should be a sticky consistency.
- Add the oats and mix some more (all this mixing will be worth it - we promise!).
- Find a baking tray and line it with baking powder. Using your hands or a spoon, lay the mixture into flat cookie shapes on the tray. It should make around 10 medium-sized cookies - but you could make bite-sized ones if you prefer!
- Pop your creation into the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Leave them to cool for a little (if you can resist, that is) and enjoy!
Be prepared: these vegan peanut butter cookies are so good that you may just need to make them every single week. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
If you do make these delicious Nutribuddy peanut butter cookies, make sure to take a photo and tag us (@nutribuddyuk) and Nina (@ninabeeen) on Instagram - we’d love to see your creations! Nina has loads more delicious, healthy recipes on her blog - check it out here.