It can feel almost impossible to avoid a cold, the flu or a sore throat once a few people in the office, or your housemates, are coughing and sniffling. And, let's face it - it's no fun feeling groggy, bunged up and under the weather. While medications and vitamins might be able to help you to fight off the virus once it's hit, we believe prevention is always better than a cure.
Our answer? This hearty, immune boosting green soup recipe! This delicious vegan soup is literally bursting with superfood veggies and spices to boost your immunity, get rid of unhealthy toxins and help your body fight off any nasty viruses and infections before they hit full force.
Okay, so we're not promising a miracle cure here... but we're pretty sure your body will be thanking you if you whip this up once a week. We've added the Nutribuddy Nutrient Booster into the mix for even more nutrition, too. Our handy pack of superfoods is packed with vitamins and matcha green tea for the ultimate detox - it's perfect for smoothies, shakes and soups.
What we love about making soups is simply how versatile they are. If you don't have any of these ingredients to hand, feel free to pop something else into the mix. In fact, pretty much any vegetable works in a soup!
Immune Boosting Green Soup using the Nutribuddy Nutrient Booster
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes | Serves: 1 | Vegan
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- Thumb-sized piece ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Pinch of sea salt
- 100g courgettes, sliced
- 43g broccoli
- 50g kale, chopped
- ½ lime, zested and juiced
- A few sprigs of parsley, chopped
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan.
- Add the garlic, ginger, coriander, turmeric and salt, and fry on a medium heat for around 2 minutes.
- Add 3 tbsp of water.
- Add the courgettes and mix well so they're covered in spices, and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add 200ml of the vegetable stock and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, kale and lime juice, along with the rest of the stock. Leave to cook for another 3-4 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
- Take off the heat and add the chopped parsley.
- Pour everything into a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. For extra nutrition, add a scoop of Nutribuddy Nutrient Booster.
- Garnish with lime zest and parsley. Your immune boosting green vegetable soup is ready!
We've got loads more healthy, vegan recipes over on our recipes page.
Make sure you check out the Nutribuddy shop, too - we've got tons of healthy, vegan, organic products which can help you on the way to meeting your health and fitness goals.