Omelettes are the ultimate fast food. Not only are they a fantastic source of protein and energy whilst being relatively low in calories, but they're affordable and take no more than 10 minutes to make.
A plain omelette can get a little boring, but this greek salad omelette recipe is the perfect alternative when you've got a little extra time to spare. Greek salad is irrestitably flavoursome, and with the addition of high-protein egg, we've created a healthy, filling and flavour-packed omelette dish.
Have it alone for breakfast or lunch, or serve it with some potatoes for a satisfying and easy dinner!
Protein-Packed Greek Salad Omelette
Prep & cooking time: 10 minutes | Serves: 1 | Vegetarian
- 2 free-range eggs
- Handful of parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large tomato, chopped into chunks
- Small handful black olives
- 15g feta cheese, crumbled
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Heat the grill to high.
2. Whisk the eggs in a bowl with the chopped parsley, pepper and salt.
3. Heat the oil in a pan, then fry the onion over a high heat until they start to brown around the edges for around 4 mins.
4. Add in the tomatoes and olives and cook for approx 1-2 mins, until the tomatoes begin to soften.
5. Turn the heat down to medium and pour in the eggs. Cook the eggs in the pan, stirring them as they begin to set, until half-cooked, but still runny in places – about 2 mins.
6. Scatter over the feta, then place the pan under the grill for 5-6 mins until omelette is puffed up and golden.
7. Cut into wedges and serve straight from the pan.
This greek salad omelette is packed with nutrition but adds up to just 338 calories, making it perfect for a healthy weekend lunch if you're in a little bit of a rush.
Don't forget to follow us on Instagram for more recipes, tips, tricks and updates from the Nutribuddy team.