There’s not much that can beat the melt-in-the-mouth taste of a gooey, freshly baked flapjack in this world. Okay, okay, that may sound a little overdramatic, but… you totally know we’re right.
So, we thought it was about time to create a flapjack recipe using the Nutribuddy Sculpting Protein. We’ve also packed fruits, nuts and oats in these delicious bakes – so they’re sure to give you a real energy and vitamin boost. We reckon they’d be perfect as a quick pre or post-workout snack – in fact, they might even make leg day a little more bearable!
Get ready for flapjack heaven – here’s our scrumptious protein flapjack recipe:
Protein Packed Flapjacks
Prep time: 20 mins | Cook time: 40 mins | Makes: 16 | Vegetarian
- 250g unsalted butter
- 30g Nutribuddy Sculpting Protein
- 250g soft light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp agave
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 100g mixed nuts
- 150g mixed dried fruit, such as cranberries, apricots and figs
- 350g rolled porridge oats
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC. Grease and line a rectangular cake tin (roughly 20cm x 30cm).
- Place the butter, sugar, agave, Nutribuddy Sculpting Protein & salt in a medium pan over low heat. Allow the butter to melt whilst stirring occasionally.
- Chop the nuts and dried fruit, then stir them into the pan with the oats.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin, smoothing it into an even layer.
- Place in the oven for 35-40 mins or until golden around the edges.
- Leave to cool, then cut into squares and enjoy!
These protein flapjacks are the perfect sweet treat! We’ve paired them with soya cream and a sprinkling of nuts as a dessert in the past, though they’re equally tasty on their own.
Looking for more protein snack ideas? Check out our healthy, vegan, gluten-free brownies recipe. Yep, you heard right – healthy brownies!