When you hear the word 'fritter', you probably think of delicious, crisps, hot cakes fresh from the pan. Yet, you're probably simulatenously thinking of just how difficult and tiresome it would be to make them at home.
Well, we're here to tell you that it's not quite as difficult as you may think. This super simple, 6-ingredient and 5-step courgette, broccoli & dill fritter recipe should only take 20-25 minutes to prep and cook. Yep, that's right - you could have some warm and crisps fritters in your mouth in a little under half an hour. Winner.
We'll be honest, this isn't exactly the a low-cal meal or snack, but they do make a lovely weekend breakfast treat - and we're all about treating yourself once in a while. Let's go!
Super Simple Courgette, Brocolli & Dill Fritters
Prep & cooking time: 25 minutes | Serves: 1 | Vegetarian
- 70g courgettes, grated
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 45g broccoli florets, finely chopped
- Small pack dill, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp flour or rice flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, for frying
1. Squeeze the courgettes between your hands to remove any excess moisture.
2. Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the broccoli, courgettes and most of the dill, and mix together. Add the flour, mix again and season.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
4. Put a large serving spoon of the mixture in the pan, then add 2 more spoonfuls so you have 3 fritters. Leave for 3-4 mins on a medium heat until golden brown on one side and solid enough to flip. Then flip over and leave to go golden on the other side.
5. Scatter with the remaining dill to serve.
Whip up these mouthwatering fritters for a lazy weekend brunch - trust us, they'll become a household fave.
If you do whip up these bad boys, make sure to follow us on Instagram, take a photo of your creation and tag us.