While Nutribuddy focuses on creating nutritious yet delicious products which aid in a healthy lifestyle, we think the key to a healthy body and mind is balance. And, guess what? That definitely means treating yourself to indulgent chocolate brownies every now and then. After all, chocolate is good for the soul - that's a fact!
This cherry, chestnut & chocolate brownies recipe includes the Nutribuddy Breakfast Shake, as well as plenty of fruit and nuts - so they do have lots of healthy fats and vitamins packed in there. All the more reason to bake them, right?
So, if you love whipping up fudgy, fruity, sweet, chocolatey treats, this chocolate brownies recipe will be your new go-to!
Indulgent Cherry, Chestnut & Chocolate Brownies
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Makes: 50 bite-sized brownies | Vegetarian
- 175g unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 75g dried cherries
- 30g Nutribuddy Breakfast Shake
- 75g roasted chestnuts, chopped
- 75g cocoa powder, sifted
- 100g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g golden caster sugar
- 4 free-range eggs
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Grab a bowl and place it over a pan of simmering water. Pop the chocolate in and wait until it melts, keeping a close eye on it at all times.
- Stir the cherries & chestnuts into the melted chocolate and then remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, Nutribuddy Breakfast Shake & caster sugar.
- Add this mixture to your melted chocolate mix, then stir until it’s combined well.
- Beat your eggs then mix these in, too.
- Pour the entire mixture into the baking tin and put it in the oven for around 15-20 mins. The brownie should be springy on the outside but gooey in the middle.
- Allow them to cool in the tray for 30 minutes, then put them on a chopping board & cut into 3cm squares. Put them on plates & dust with icing sugar. Now they're ready to devour - yum!
We hope you enjoy every single bit of this delicious, healthy (well, ish!) cherry, chestnut & chocolate brownies recipe! Looking for something vegan, gluten-free and a little on the lighter side? Check out our vegan, gluten-free protein chocolate brownies recipe – they’re equally as divine!
As always, remember to snap your Nutribuddy creations and upload them to Instagram using the hashtag #Nutribuddy – we’d love to see them!