We all have those days where we just crave something chocolatey (well, let’s be honest, it’s actually most days!). Devouring a whole bar of Dairy Milk always seems like a good idea at the time, but you’ll probably be feeling hungry again just a short while later.
Nutritious, Filling and Easy Chocolate Mousse
A great way to get your chocolate fix is by whipping up this easy chocolate mousse. It’s made with eggs and yoghurt, so it’ll give you a good protein hit – you’ll feel full for way longer than chocolate alone.
On top of that, we’ve included dark chocolate and the Nutrient Booster so you’ll be fuelling your body with goodness whilst indulging in a delicious chocolate dessert – a total win-win!
Dark chocolate is bursting with antioxidants, is proven to aid heart health and is rich in minerals such as selenium and zinc. And as for the Nutribuddy Nutrient Booster? Well, we’ve packed it with superfoods such as flaxseed, matcha green tea and coconut. It’s a super easy way to add nutrients to bakes, desserts, shakes and smoothies – in this case, a lovely, rich mousse!
Easy Chocolate Mousse with Berries
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Makes: 4 | Vegetarian
- 75g dark chocolate, 70%, grated
- 4 tbsp low-fat yoghurt
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 200g mixed berries
- 2 scoops Nutribuddy Nutrient Booster
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, ensuring it doesn’t touch the water. Once it's melted, allow it to cool for 5-10 mins (at this point, you'll need to use your willpower not to eat it - yep, it's pretty tough!)
- Stir the yoghurt and Nutribuddy Nutrient Booster into the chocolate.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Whisk (work those arms, girl!) in the sugar & beat until stiff again.
- Fold the whites into the chocolate mix - loosen the mixture first with a spoonful of egg white, then carefully fold in the rest, keeping as much air in as possible.
- Divide the mixture into glasses and put in the fridge to chill
- Pop your mixed berries on top and enjoy your delicious easy chocolate mousse!
|Typical Nutritional Values||Per Mousse|
|of which saturates (g)||7|
|of which sugars (g)||13|
|Nutrient Breakdown||Per 100g|
|Minerals & Trace Elements|
|Vitamin A (ret eq) (ug)||1.9|
|Vitamin E (mg)||0.32|
|Vitamin K 1 (ug)||0.89|
|Thiamin (B1 ) (mg)||0.03|
|Riboflavin (B2 ) (mg)||0.19|
|Niacin total(B3 ) (mg)||1.2|
|Pantothenic Acid (B5) (mg)||0.22|
|Vitamin B 6 (mg)||0.06|
|Folates (B9) Total (ug)||12|
|Vitamin B 12 (ug)||0.15|
|Biotin (B7) (ug)||2.1|
|Vitamin C (mg)||10.3|
We hope you enjoyed this easy chocolate mousse recipe – now you know our secret to satisfying chocolate cravings whilst packing in protein and essential nutrients!
Looking for more delicious protein treats? Check out our vegan, gluten-free protein brownie recipe – they’re to die for!