Looking for a satisfying chicken and chorizo jambalaya recipe? You’ve come to the right place! This delicious, hearty and healthy jambalaya is perfect for al-fresco summer nights or to warm you up on chilly winter evenings.
And did you know that ‘jambalaya’ means ‘mishmash’ or ‘mixed up’ in French? That’s what’s so great about a jambalaya recipe like this – you can mix it up with whatever you see fit! If you’ve got some veggies in the fridge which need using up, just pop them in. You could even swap the chicken for other meats if you’d prefer – somehow, it all seems to seamlessly blend together.
So, let’s get into this spicy, vibrant, protein-packed chicken and chorizo jambalaya recipe – trust us, it’s going to be your new fave!
Chicken & Chorizo Jambalaya Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 45 minutes | Serves: 1
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15g chorizo, sliced
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 50g long grain rice
- 100g plum tomatoes
- 80ml chicken stock
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan with a lid and fry the chicken for around 5-8 minutes until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Tip in the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the pepper, garlic, chorizo and Cajun seasoning, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir the chicken back in with the rice, before adding the tomatoes and stock.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 20-25 minute until the rice is tender. Enjoy!
|Typical Nutritional Values||Per Serving|
|of which saturates (g)||8.5|
|of which sugars (g)||11|
|Nutrient Breakdown||Per 100g|
|Minerals & Trace Elements|
|Vitamin A (ret eq) (ug)||61|
|Vitamin E (mg)||0.42|
|Vitamin K 1 (ug)||2|
|Thiamin (B1 ) (mg)||0.07|
|Riboflavin (B2 ) (mg)||0.04|
|Niacin total(B3 ) (mg)||2.1|
|Pantothenic Acid (B5) (mg)||0.26|
|Vitamin B 6 (mg)||0.15|
|Folates (B9) Total (ug)||26.3|
|Vitamin B 12 (ug)||0.15|
|Biotin (B7) (ug)||1.5|
|Vitamin C (mg)||34.2|