"a nutrient-rich food considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being"
As you can probably guess, we're a huge fan of superfoods here at Nutribuddy - our products are packed with them!
So, we thought we'd create a delicious, simple, healthy lunch recipe which is based on three of our all-time favourite superfoods - broccoli, spinach and couscous:
- Spinach is rich in vitamins A, C, and K, folic acid, iron, and calcium (we could keep on writing for days!).
- Brocolli is chockablock with vitamins (we won't list them, you probably get the gist by now!) and also boasts potent antioxidants.
- Couscous is an amazing source of lean protein and fibre and will leave you feeling full enough to resist the snacks.
We love making this broccoli, spinach and couscous salad recipe the night before and taking it to the office for a convenient, energizing and healthy lunch - though it would totally work for dinner, too! With that said, let's get started:
Superfood Broccoli, Spinach & Couscous Salad
Prep & cooking time: 30 minutes | Serves: 1 | Vegan
- A few broccoli florets, chopped
- Handful of spinach
- Small bunch of fresh mint
- 40g couscous
- ½ lemon
- Handful of mixed seeds or a scoop of Nutribuddy Nutrient Booster
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Cook the broccoli in boiling water for 4 mins until bright green and starting to soften.
- Plunge into cold water, then shake off the excess water and set aside.
- Put the boiled broccoli, spinach, mint, salt & pepper into a bowl.
- Pour the uncooked couscous on top.
- Toast the seeds in a dry frying pan and mix with the cumin.
- Pour boiling water into the bowl to just cover the couscous.
- Wait 8-10 minutes until the water is absorbed and the spinach is wilted.
- Squeeze in the juice of the lemon and sprinkle with the toasted seeds. Voila - enjoy!
|Typical Nutritional Values||Per Serving|
|of which saturates (g)||3.5|
|of which sugars (g)||4.1|
|Nutrient Breakdown||Per 100g|
|Minerals & Trace Elements|
|Vitamin A (ret eq) (ug)||306|
|Vitamin E (mg)||3.2|
|Vitamin K 1 (ug)||282|
|Thiamin (B1 ) (mg)||0.18|
|Riboflavin (B2 ) (mg)||0.07|
|Niacin total(B3 ) (mg)||2.4|
|Pantothenic Acid (B5) (mg)||0.27|
|Vitamin B 6 (mg)||0.1|
|Folates (B9) Total (ug)||49|
|Vitamin B 12 (ug)||0|
|Biotin (B7) (ug)||2.2|
|Vitamin C (mg)||16.7|
We’re pretty sure this superfood broccoli, spinach and couscous salad will become one of your go-to lunches – once you’ve got the hang of it, it’s so easy to make. You could always add in whatever fresh veggies you have in your fridge, too!
If you’re always in a rush and often don’t get time to have a sit-down lunch, we’d highly recommend taking a look at our Shake Complete. It’s a complete meal in a shake, made with healthy, whole, organic ingredients – all you need to do is add milk!
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for more recipes, tips, tricks and updates from the Nutribuddy team.