No matter what side of the fence you sit on in the pineapple-on-pizza debate (and let’s not argue that NOW), we can all agree that pineapple is an ideal addition to breakfast. Our recipe for American Style Pineapple and Banana Pancakes will cure all of your sweet tooth cravings whilst giving you a dose of protein with Nutribuddy High-Protein Sculpting Shake mix included. Yee-ha!
The Americans love some sweetness and you’ll adore this too. It seems a real treat because of the flavours but it’s genuinely a healthy breakfast, so you can enjoy it totally guilt-free.
Pineapple & Banana Protein Pancakes
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Serves: 1 | Vegetarian
- 25g pineapple, chopped
- 1 banana, sliced
- 25g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 15g Nutribuddy High-Protein Sculpting Shake
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp agave/honey
- 1 egg
- 75ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt and 1 tsp agave, to serve
1. Tip the flour, baking powder, Sculpting Protein, cinnamon and agave into a bowl and mix well.
2. Make a well into the centre of the mixture and crack in the egg. Gradually mix the egg into the flour, adding the milk.
3. Stir in the pineapple and banana. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan, add the batter, well apart to allow the pancake to spread. When bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancake over and cook until light golden.
4. Cook all the pancakes and keep them warm. Serve pancakes with a spoonful of yoghurt and a little agave poured over.
Whether you’re spending your morning sat in a diner looking up at the Hollywood sign or, more likely, running around in a light sweat trying to remember everything for the day ahead, you can savour some American sweetness first thing with these gorgeous pancakes.
They’re easy enough to make and once you’ve got the hang of them they’ll get quicker and quicker to prep. Play around with other exotic fruits as they come into season to switch up on taste combinations and enjoy fruit as freshly as you can. Sure, the base recipe is American but try things differently if you fancy: where in the world will they take you?