PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 25 MINS
CALORIES: 119 (FOR 1)
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 250g porridge oats
- 100g raisins or sultanas, chopped
- 25g mixed seeds, such as pumpkin, sunflower, flaxseed, sesame
- 100g unsalted butter, (at room temperature)
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 1 free-range egg
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line 2 large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. Tip the flour, mixed spice, baking soda, oats, dried fruit and seeds into a large bowl and mix well.
3. In another large bowl, cream the soft butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Crack in the egg and beat to combine.
4. Tip in all the dry ingredients and stir – you may need to squelch it together with your hands to get everything properly combined.
5. The mixture will be sticky. If you wet your hands, you will be able to it roll into walnut-sized balls – you should get around 24 in total. As you roll them, place them onto the lined baking trays, squashing them down a little with your hand.
6.Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden and slightly soft in middle.